Freight Broker License Registration

Freight Broker Training by Experienced Transportation Professionals

Freight Broker Training In-Classroom

Freight Broker Forms Contracts

Freight Broker License Registration / US DOT Number Application

Commonly referred to as the Freight Broker Authority and/or MC Number

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) hasrecently changed the licensing process for freight brokers, motor carriers, and freight forwarders. All new applicants will be subject to this updated process. To become approved by the FMCSA to operate as a freight broker within the United States, you must now complete the Freight Broker Registration Application process and obtain an active US DOT Number. As a freight broker, in order for the FMCSA to activate the US DOT Number, assigned to you upon submitting your Freight Broker Registration, the FMCSA will also require:

Designation of Process Agent Proof of a BOC-3 Form

Proof of Financial Responsibility – Either a BMC-84 Surety Bond in the amount of $75,000, or a BMC-85 Trust Fund in the amount of $75,000. See ourIndustry Linkspage for bonding company and trust fund company options.

The FMCSA approval process can take several days to several weeks before your US DOT Number will be activated.

Worried about navigating the freight broker legal filings process with the FMCSA? Let one of our filings specialists take of this for you. As the applicants representative, we can file your Freight Broker Registration and work with the FMCSA on your behalf during the approval process. To have your Freight Broker Registration Application filed by us on your behalf, fill out the form below and submit it for processing. Once your completed form and payment is received, a filings specialist will contact you within 24 hours during regular office hours of Monday Friday, 8:00 AM 5:00 PM CST. For questions in regards to the filings process, please contact a filings specialist at .

Need assistance with filing an FMCSA registration or authority update name change and/or address change?